Phentermine is a weight loss drug that’s been around since 1959. It’s prescribed for people with a BMI over 30 who also have health conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes. People who use phentermine often describe it as “an appetite suppressant” because it reduces hunger and makes you feel full faster than normal. In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of phentermine, its side effects, and how to use the drug to lose weight safely.
What is phentermine?
Phentermine is a prescription drug used to treat obesity. It’s available in two forms: capsules and tablets.
It works by blocking the hormone that tells your brain you’re full, which can lead to overeating and weight gain. When combined with exercise and good eating habits, phentermine can help you lose weight and keep it off after treatment ends.
Phentermine is a short-term solution, however. It’s only meant to be used for a short period—usually 6 to 12 weeks—and should not be taken as a substitute for healthy eating and exercise.
How does it work?
Phentermine is a stimulant that increases the release of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain. It has been shown to help people lose weight by increasing metabolism, reducing food intake, and suppressing hunger.
Phentermine alters how your body processes carbohydrates (sugar) while boosting your cravings for fatty foods. Taking phentermine causes an increase in blood flow throughout your body—including to your brain—which can cause energy surges but also jitters or headaches if you’re not careful with dosage amounts or timing them correctly!
What is it used for?
Many options are available if you’re looking for a drug to help you lose weight. The most popular ones include phentermine and phentermine-topiramate (Topamax).
Both of these drugs work by increasing your metabolic rate, which means they enable your body to burn more calories than normal. They also help control your appetite, so you don’t overeat and gain weight quickly.
They can be useful in helping people who are obese or overweight lose some pounds without causing any side effects like dizziness or headaches; however, their effectiveness is limited depending on individual factors such as age and lifestyle habits such as smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol regular.
Phentermine is the brand name for a prescription drug used to treat obesity. It works by increasing the amount of norepinephrine and dopamine in your brain, which can help you feel less hungry and more energetic. Phentermine may also improve your mood.
The benefits of phentermine include
- Weight loss
- Appetite suppression
- Increased energy levels
- Improved mood
Dosage and forms
The dosage depends on the patient’s body weight, tolerance to the drug, and response. The maximum recommended dose is 30 mg daily for women and 37.5 mg for men. For those who need more than this, 75 mg can be increased by 12.5 mg every three weeks until you reach a maximum dose of 450mg daily.
The form that phentermine comes in is up to you. You can take it as a capsule or tablet. Still, extended-release tablets are meant for patients who have trouble staying focused during a meal or snack if they take it with food or water instead of on an empty stomach and may experience side effects such as dizziness when they do this (this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t eat before taking the medication).
Side effects and precautions
- Phentermine is a prescription drug, so it’s not recommended for people with heart disease, high blood pressure, or glaucoma.
- It’s also not recommended for people with a history of drug abuse.
- Pregnant women should not take phentermine or other weight loss medication without consulting their doctor.
- Trouble sleeping
- increased or decreased interest in sex
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth (especially when taken on an empty stomach)
- fast heartbeat and dizziness/lightheadedness.
- Restlessness/nervousness, fatigue, and dry mouth due to its effect on the central nervous system.
Ways to promote and maintain weight loss
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water, coffee, or tea with lemon or lime juice (or even just water). You can also use vitamin C supplements to boost your immune system when needed and help maintain weight loss.
- Get enough sleep every night—at least 7-8 hours per night—to promote healthy hormone levels and other bodily functions that affect metabolism and energy expenditure during the day. It’s important for yourself and those around you because sleep-deprived people may be more likely to overeat to compensate for their lack of energy!
- Also, avoid alcohol if possible as it will slow down your metabolism even further than usual; plus, drinking too much alcohol may lead some people down an unhealthy path toward alcoholism which could lead them back into trouble with their weight loss goals later on down the road.
If you want to lose weight, phentermine is a good option. It can help you lose weight fast and keep it off. It can also help you control your appetite, so you don’t eat as much. But some side effects and risks are associated with taking phentermine for weight loss. It would help if you talked to your doctor about whether this medication is right for you before starting treatment with this drug.
Leave A Comment